Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

horror camping trip

In english we are looking at creative writing. We have a matrix to do and one of the tasks is writing a horror camping trip. Here is mine at the moment. I'm not finished but don't really know where to go with it, or how to make it a horror. at the moment it not quite horror but not a walk in the park either. 

Horror camping trip


You and a handful of your friends are planning a camping trip, by yourself, in the woods. What could go
wrong? Emma, the most adventurous out of all of you, picked the camp site. “It has no power, no wifi,
and no cell phone coverage.” She said explaining the site. “WHAT!” Jess exclaimed “NO WIFI? NO
COVERAGE!? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!? TURN US TO ZOMBIES!?” Jess was always the,
well, dramatic one. And the most typical teenager out of all of you. You laugh “Come on Jess, is only for
two days. You’ll be right.” Rebexa, or Bex, started making a list of things you would need. After talking it
out with Jess, you set off home to pack. 


On the day of the trip Emma drives, as she knows where it is (so she says), Jess is downloading
everything on her phone, Bex is freaking out thinking you forgot something and that “we need to turn
around”, and you are trying to calm her down. Around lunch Emma stops the car and you get out and
stretch, “Well, we should be there in around 2 or so hours.” Emma says yawning. After lunch you all hop
back in the car and continue. After another 4 hours you all arrived, so you think. You reach the end of the
road to be met with a track. A walking track. Emma gets out and starts unpacking the car. “Come on
then” She calls “get your things and start walking” After listing to Jess complain that “It will ruin my
nails” You grab your things and follow Emma into the woods. 


After setting up camp 3 whole miles from the car, Bex starts allocating jobs to everyone “Emma, you
start preparing food. Y/N go find some firewood. Jess, find a good spot to place the toilet.” Jess turns
to Bex “And what may I ask will you be doing?” she asks Bex shugs “The odd jobs.” Around the
campfire that night Emma look shameful. “There's one  thing I didn’t say about the site” She says
sheepishly. Jess groans, “what now” she says “No rescue if something goes wrong, Umm…
I don’t know, this place is haunted?” Emma nods “Oh that-WAIT WHAT!” Emma sighs “I-i-i-it's haunted.
She said. You laugh, “haunted? You believe that shi-crap?” Bex groans “yes Y/N we do. It would be
good if you did too. We will be sleeping with ghostys tonight.” You sigh. “I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m
off to bed. Good night.” You walk over to your tent yawning. ‘Ghosts. Pshh, ya right’

You wake up to banging on your tent. You groan quietly and get up. “If your trying to get me to believe in
ghosts, you will have to try harder than that.” you say trying not to shake. You open the flap and
scream. There, in front of you, is a… dead... thing. Not a ghost, but not a quiet a zombie either. 
It’s skin was slowly falling off and blochs of its body was translucent. The smell that wafted from it's
decaying skin was putride, like 1,000,000,000 pairs of feet that had just gone to the gym then walked
thu cow pat and left that to sit for a week while smearing rotten cat guts on top. It looked up at you
with empty eye sockets, it's mouth curled up in a grin. “Hello…. Miss Y/L/N.” It said, voice cracking
and slurring. “Just came to say hi.” the thing leaned in “I must say aren’t you a pretty one, I must take
you to the others, I’m sure they would love to meet you.” It swiftly grabbed your hand dragging you out
from you tent. You squealed in surprise. It laughed as you tried to get out of it's grip. “W-w-w-what are
y-y-you?” you stuttered. The thing grinned, showing a mouth full of rotten teeth. “What am I? I am the
Gelost. I am good friends with all the ghosties and ghoulies as you pathetic little friend would say. You
may call me Arlok. Or… sir. Master works too.” He drags you away from your tent before knocking
you out. The last thought in you head was “Rude”

You wake up, not in your tent. Lovely. That whole ‘I am a monster let me kidnap you’ thing was not a
dream. ‘Monsters? Really?’ you think as you get up ‘I thought she said haunted not bloody monster
infested. Em, I love you and all but, I’ma kill you when I get out of here’ You take in you surroundings,
the smell just getting to you. You gag trying to keep last night's dinner down. You thought Arlok was bad?
Well this was 1,000,000,000,000,000 times worse. You look around and see, about 100 Gelosts,
100 ghost (Guess they do exist), and about 1,000,000 other monsters, ranging from, by not limited to,
some from greek myths, some just from myths, and some from kids imagination.  “SHE'S WAKE!”
someone bellowed. You swallowed down you fear. “Ya I am, thanks for deafening me.” You replied. You
head jerks forward. “Don’t speak to us like that missy.” A deep voice growls in your ear. All the
monsters crowd around. “Tie her up. Stop her from escaping” A new voice commands. You get jerked
backward, being dragged to a pole. Your hands and feet get tied together, the rope digging into your
hands. You bite back a scream. “You’re right Arlok, like always, she is a beauty. Be a real shame to
mess it up.” Someone says. A ghost in victorian clothes steps forward. “May I” He says reaching
forward “Yes” Arlok slurs “You may.” He sticks his hand though you head and all your warmth is sucked
out of you. You shiver as you skin slowly turns blue. The hand retracts and your skin tinglies as the
warmth returns.

A/N Please tell me what you think and how I could make it horrific and how I could continue.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.