Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2019

SUNDIALS!

In math we have been making a sundial. we first made a slideshow on sundials here's mine




we then went to the workshop and made it . this took 2-3 lessons.

this is mine



go to link for sound

I had a triangle gnomon (thing in the middle) but it did not work out so I changed it to have a pole 

cool facts about sundials

1. did you know that the gnomon [pronoused no-mon] comes from a greek word meaning indicator? (learn more at www.sciencing.com)

2.  did you know that the sundial works because of the rotation and movement of the sun? (learn more at www.easyscienceforkids.com

3. did you know the sundials are the oldest known way to tell the time? (learn more at www.kids.britannica.com)

we also made a slideshow on time here's mine



7 comments:

  1. hi i'm Daniel Zacks friend fantastic work i cant really see something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel
      Thanks for commenting. maybe you could use punctuation to make it easier to read.
      Thanks again
      Michaela

      Delete
  2. Hi Michaela i'm Jesse I like how you found out that a candle can tell the time to and maybe make the words bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jesse
      Thanks for commenting. the way to tell time using candles is quite interesting isen't it? I will see what I can do about the word size.
      Thanks again
      Michaela

      Delete
  3. Hi, Michaela! It's Summer.
    I enjoyed reading your post, though, there are a few grammatical errors inside the post and it looks a bit bright in a few parts of it. I liked the video, too, but the camera just seemed a little too shaky and all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi summer!
    Thanks for commenting sorry it's been so long on the reply. ya sorry about the camera if you listen I'm slightly annoyed but trying to keep it light hearted =) I will see what I can do about the grammar
    Thanks again
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.