Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Our New Kete

The Lorax-movie 


Image result for the lorax
really?
To introduce the new Kete, Toitutanga, sustainability, the year 7 cohort went in to 7Sh and watched The Lorax.


The big idea of the movie to me is that no matter what your actions will affect what happens to you and the world. Chopping down trees like the once-ler did as a young man is a example on the thing that change your environment.  A small decision can change the world for better or worse. I think the author, Dr Seuss, wants us to think about what we decide to do and the affeat to us and nater. To me some of the key concepts is logging, being sustainable and deforestation.

what we could do to help this in real life is to have less rubbish by using more as re/upcycling some of your no longer useful stuff.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! GREAT LEARNING!!
    Nice idea of the movie.
    Keep up the great Learning,
    Joseph !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michaela,
    It was amazing to see how you worked out the main idea of the movie. You may want to go back and read what you have posted, some of your writing didn't make sense. But, other than that, I think your explanation of the movie was accurate and interesting to read.

    Kind Regards,
    Aaliyah (St Pius X Catholic School)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.