Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Butterflies

We listened to a story of a girl who wrote a story at school about butterflies and her teacher's opinion. We then had questions to answer.

What language is used in the text? ie what gramer was used?
the Grandparents had broken English and the girl had good English.

What is this text about, how do you know?
The text is about different opinions on things. Because the girl and her Grandparents have a view that you kill white butterflies while the teacher had a opinion that you don't.

What does the author want you to know?
that everyone has a different opinions and that is OK.

How are characters constructed in this text?
They are constructed as the Grandparents are uneducated. I know this because they have broken english and seem very proud that their granddaughter is going to school. They are hard working but take time to look after their granddaughter. The teacher is a educated snob and thinks butterflies are amazing. I know this because she says that butterflies are good and you don't kill them.

What kinds of social realities does the text portray?
That most people don't think that butterflies are bad, or don't think about the downside of growing your own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.