Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Alliteration

In English, I have been learning about figurative language. I have already done two posts on this, Idioms ans Similes and Metaphors. Now I am up to Alliteration.

Highlight the alliterations in each of the following sentences:

  1. The sun sizzled the swimmers skin.
  2. I accidently ate an awful apple.
  3. Beth borrowed Barry’s books before biology
  4. Slipping and sliding, I stumbled in the snow and slush.
  5. Many mysterious men mumbled messages.
  6. The gallant goat gobbled gobs of garbage greedily
  7. The rapidly rising river rushed rampantly.

Finish these sentences with your own alliterations:
  1. Red roses ring around the garden.
  2. While wandering white wisps of snow slowly fell.
  3. The tired traveller tripped on his face.

What have I learnt. Nothing. Except these are fun to say
How does this work show my learning. I don't know. It's here? It is on my blog? I did it.
what am I wondering. I am wondering why I don't learn anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.