Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2019

Lighting in coraline

this is the work I have done in discussion group. Here is the work.

The lighting in this shot makes the house feel cold, old and run down. This is done by using a ‘cool white’
light coming into the room from a cloudy window. The director has used this lighting to enhance the idea
that coraline's life at home is dull and boring and that she is unhappy there,. It alsos contracts the other
world witch is bright and warmly lit


The lighting used in this shot to make the secan seem warm, exciting and welcoming.
This is done by using a warm light that is coming from the warm, yellow tinted, light bulb from the top of
the shot. The director has used this lighting to make it seem a happy place and it is a place she can feel
safe and have what she wants.


4

The lighting used in the shot is dark, cold and scary. There is a spot of light where coraline and the door
is. This is done by having a window out of shot to outline the area. The director has used this lighting to
direct the viewer's attention to what is going on. This makes you feel nervous as it is a dark room with
very little light

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.