Pages

Monday 17 August 2020

Critical Literacy Questions for Children of Blood and Bone

In english we have been reading Children of blood and bone. I have finished the book ahead of the class so.... ya. It was a good book, but I won't talk about it in case of spoilers. 

Warm-up…
Who would be most likely to read this text and why? Young adults, it is very action packed, definitely not for younger readers as it is a little bit graphic and is slightly suggestive.

What sort of genre does the text belong to? fantasy adventure.

What does the author of the text want us to know? (Could be many things here) People aren't their parents, discrimination is a thing, and how it can be implied. you are stronger than you know? I dont know any others


Let’s get critical…
Whose views are excluded in the text? Privileged in the text? People like King Saran, Tzain, Kaea, are excluded, and Zelie, Amrai and Inan is Privileged, meaning they get to talk

Who is allowed to speak in this text? Zelie Amrai and Inan

Is the text fair? Not really, because they don't show the king's perspective, or Kaea's, who have the opposite goal then the main three. 

What positions, voices and interests are at play in the text? The interests shown/are at play are that the maji are good and should be brought back

Why is the text written the way it is? (3 characters’ viewpoints) So you get more sides of the story, you get information that the characters dont know, it makes it more interesting

Hope these answers are good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.