Pages

Monday 31 August 2020

wind racers

In science on friday, we made Wind Racers. We had 30 minutes to build the racer, and then we raced them. I was in a team with Braydon

(Picture coming soon)

Calculate the speed.
 V=Δd/Δt
 Δd=9m
 Δt=10.34s (ish I don't remember)
 9m/10.34=0.870406189555
 V=0.870ms-2

Why did I choose my style? How could I have changed my design to make the racer go faster?
I choose the style I did because I thought it would go fast. Big sail, means lots of wind can be caught, meaning speed. That didn't happen. One, the racer kept breaking, and two, the sail was very floppy soo, that didn't help.
What could I do to make it go faster, tie the sail down, attach things better, maybe have a different sail shape

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.