Pages

Monday 2 March 2020

Metaphors and similes

Metaphors and similes. Two words I can not spell. So instead, I use copy and paste. Yes I am lazy. Yes I do not care. Now to the question I have to be answering. What is are metaphors and similes?

Well, a metaphors is basically when you say it is that thing. So, I am a sneaky snake. Well obviously I am not a snake, Or am I? Na, any way, a simile is when you say it is like that thing. So, I am like a sneaky snake.

Some metaphors:
It is raining cats and dogs
Let's talk about the elephant in the room (Or there is an elephant in the room)
His eyes were ice as he stared at her
I am Fit as a fiddle
He said it with the confidence of someone caught with their hand in the cookie jar, in a cookie factory, and his pants are on fire

Some smilies 
it was As light as a feather
He was eating like a Pig
Her glare was as sharp as daggers 
They grinned like a cat
It was as dead as a dead thing


Image result for simile picturesImage result for simile and metaphor pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.