Pages

Thursday 19 March 2020

KiwiFruit DNA Extraction

Yesterday in science, we extracted DNA from Kiwifruit. Here is the post about it.

KIWIFRUIT DNA EXTRACTION!!!

Aim: Extract DNA from Kiwifruit. 

Materials: half a Kiwifruit, Mortar and Pestle, two squirts of Detergent, Snaplock baggy, cloth, pinch of Salt, Ethanol, test tube 

Method: Scoop the kiwi into the Mortar and Pestle, and smush it. Add the Detergent and mix. Pour into the cloth and squeeze into the the snaplock baggy. Add a pinch of salt and mix again (After closing it of course) Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Pour into a test tube, and pour in the ethanol. There will be a globy thing that floats to the top of the kiwifruit juice, that is the DNA. 

Results: The globly thing on top. here is a picture


 Have random ones that have nothing to do with this.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.