Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Rube Goldberg Machine

In science we made a Rube Goldberg Machine. That was.... not fun. Sadly. My group made it out of Lego, cardboard, tape, a stiaphome cup, more tape, lego, tape, and lots of trial and error. A lot of error. And having no idea what we were doing. And some stress thrown in there as well. And lots of fiddly things breaking, then not wanting to go back together. then going together, just to break again three seconds later. Then finding a very simple solution to a problem you've had from the start, in which you have come up with the stupidest solution, that doesn't even work all that well.

Moving on from... that. The simple machines that made up the Rube Goldberg Machine were/are inclined planes ({Read out of the sci-pad} Inclined planes are ramps, and like levers, they reduce the amount of effort needed to lift a load. The steeper the incline the more effort is needed to move the load upwards. Just like Levers if you use a longer, less steep incline to reduce the effort needed, you will need to apply the effort over a longer distance.) And more inclined planes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.