Pages

Friday 27 September 2019

Parts of a cell (and what they do)

In science  we have been looking at botany. in Botany we have been looking at cells. One of the things we looked at was the different parts of a cell. There are 2 types of cells, plant cells and animal cells. The difference between the two is that a plant cell has a cell wall and a cytoplasm (It helps with photosynthesis )  whereas the animal cell does not. the organelles in a cell are, the Vacuole ( a storage container thingy ) Nucleus ( it holds the DnA ) and the Mitochondria (  they keep the cell full of energy ).  These organelles are surrounded by a thing called cytoplasm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.