Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2019

4 items, 1 paragraph

Another creative writing matrix thing. So ya, this time I have to have 4 items and put them together in one paragraph. The 4 items are

  1. A specific source of a light (a flashing neon light reading: "21 and Over", a flickering fluorescent bulb, moonlight filtering through drawn shades)
  2. A specific object (a pink hairbrush with blonde hair matted in the bristles, a discarded replica of a Dali painting, a baby robin, poking its wobbly head from a rickety nest)
  3. A sound using onomatopoeia (the pinging of a glass bottle ricocheting across a cobblestone street, the ching of a handful of a coins in a man's pocket, the wet splat of phlegm hitting the sidewalk from the old lady smoking near the laundromat)
  4. A specific place (the dingy alley between Brooks St. and 6th Ave., the empty science classroom filled with glass beakers, hot plates, and frogs floating in formaldehyde, the darkened, smoky interior of Flanagan's Pub)
My four things are going to be a very crappy hand held torch, a old hand gun, creaking, and a hut in the middle of a forest of oak.

*Creak* I roll over. *Creak creak* I yawn. "Why must it be windy?" I mutter *creak* "Wait.... it's not windy..... Crap. There is an unknown thing moving in my house, hut, in the middle of a random oak forest." I sit up, grabbing my torch that is on its last legs "you better not die on me" I mutter. I walk up the stairs to the attic. the light flickers, just as I reach the top step. A movement catches my eye. I swing the light around and see... a old, no ancient handgun. I picked it up. it was a well crafted piece of metal. Movement in my side vision makes my heart rate spike. I spin around shining the ever dimming torch at the wall. Nothing. "Come on! If you are here please show yourself so I can go back to sleep." I pleaded to the air. Nothing. "Why did I think that would work?" I mutter. "Because you are a idiot." Someone says "Agreed" I mummer. "Wait WHAT!" "I said you are a idiot" The voice chuckled. I spin around "where are you?" I ask shaking slightly "Right here" As I turn, a face appears in my own face. "WHAT THE FU-FELAGONE!" I scream jumping back in the most dramatic way possible. Mr Make-Me-Pee-my-pants-from-fright, was nearly peeing his pants from laughing to hard. "Y-y-your face!" He gaspes. I clutched my heart. "Dude what the frick!" I whisper-yelled. "Sorry Sorry! My name is Mark. Yes I am a ghost and I am sorry for scaring you." He smiled at me. I sighed "Can I go to sleep now?" I asked, he nodded. I turned around annnnd..... my light went out. "You maloresntuian!" I screamed. It turned back on "Thank you" It tuned back off "FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING YOU LOVE STAY ON!" As I walked back down the steps I swear I heard "You."

hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.