Pages

Thursday 29 July 2021

Final art post

 In this art post, I am going to be talking about the differences/similarity in Giorgio de Chirico's and Tracey Tawhiao's use of grids. I will be using these two pictures as my examples 10 Art of Tracey tawhiao ideas | maori art, maori, art

In de Chirico's artwork, he uses quite a loose grid. If you overlay a three-by-three grid, you see that some lines/points match up. he also uses unique perspectives. Normally artists have one vanishing point but it looks like de Chirico has at least 3. 

On the other hand, Tracey Tawhio uses quite a strong grid. She works over the top of newspapers, which naturally has a grid, which she can use as a guide for her artworks. 

These are the differences in Giorgio de Chirico's and Tracey Tawhiao's use of grids that I can find.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.