Pages

Thursday 29 July 2021

Another Art blog post

 In this blog post, we are looking at surrealist subversion. 

One of the first things we need to do is read or listen to an article and then watch a video. then we have to do a thumbnail sketch of artwork from the article. here is mine 

This artwork is by Giorgio de Chirico, called The Uncertainty of the Poet, 1913. In this artwork, we can see a female bust on the left side, with a bunch of bananas beside her. There is an archway in the upper right of the painting, and in the background, there is a steam train. The bananas are supposed to be taken sexually. 
This painting is subversive because it doesn't follow the 'rules of art' of when it was made. De Chirico used linear perspectives and erotic ideas in the artwork. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.