Pages

Monday 20 July 2020

How wired headphones use electricity

In the Holidays I used my wired headphones a lot. This is how they use electricity.

The small amount of power that they need comes from being plugged into the electronic device. The electricity goes to power the little speakers in the ear bud things. 

Website version 
(Quite simply they turn an electrical signal into ear-pleasing music or other audio input. The tiny amount of power necessary to operate the transducer circuit inside each of the earpieces of the headphones comes from jack being plugged into the source (electronic device).

Each earpiece is its own transducer circuit which consists of three different parts; the magnets, a coil, and a cone. As the current flows through the wire into a transducer it is turned into sound waves that enter the ear and the brain interprets the sound waves as music.)How Do Headphones Work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.