Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2019

My family crest/coat of arms

In social studies we have been learning about family crests and Coats of Arms because we have been learning about Identity. We then had to make one our self. Here is mine.


This is my actual coat of arms. Or my take on it. 
This is the logos or something that represents the Sander Sides that my sister and l like (love).
This is the clock on the hill in Alexander where we go camping.
This is rose, wood from a book series the Rosewood Chronicles Undercover Princess. The red is the color of Conch house the yellow, Stratus house and purple, Ivy house 
This is my faith in God. here is a cross with blood on it as that is where Jesus died. The black is all the sin and the gold is the light He shares 
The Five Hearts are because I have 5 people in my family. Mum Dad Rosa James and me
This is our last name in a banner that I thought looked cool

what is a coat of arms 
the distinctive heraldic bearings or shield of a person, family, corporation, or country
why do we have them 
to show we are a part of that family 
why are they important
because in the olden days you would have them on a knights shield and then pass it down the line 
what did I include in mine and why
see above 

I have learnt that the crest was used on a knight's shield and sometimes it would be passed down and then it would be a family crest. 
I learned that Family crests are important because it shows you belong to that family/clan.


3 comments:

  1. hello.
    i liked the details.
    but you put a pic of the ♡ when you were talking about God.
    i hope helped bye. ☆ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige
    thanks for commenting. I know that it maybe confusing but it is under the pic not above it
    Thanks again
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. k thank for explaining.
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.