Pages

Thursday 31 May 2018

kites

Aim: To look at a kite and how we can overcome the 4 forces of flight.

Image result for kites science


Forces of flight with Kites

Force
Increase / decrease
How do we do this when making a kite?
Drag
decreasemake it streamline, pointed, make it angled to the wind 
Lift
increaselonger string face into the wind
Gravity
decreasemake it streamline, make it light
Thrust
increase strong steady wind 


Write a definition about the following types of kites and find a picture of them that you can upload to your blog.


Image result for sled kite
  1. The Sled Kite.
  2. The Diamond Kite. Image result for diamond kite
  3. The Barn Door Kite. Image result for barn door kite
  4. The Sode Kite. Image result for sode kite
  5. The Delta Kite. Image result for delta kite
Name 5 types of kites that were used in China?

Name sports that use kites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.