Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2018

flight 1



things that fly 
Natural
Man mad
Bugs
Plane
Birds
Paper aeroplanes
Dragons
Helicopters
Dinosaurs
Balloons
Bat
Jet

Lift:where the air pressure is greater under the wing than on top of the wing 
Drag:the force to slow down a plane/bird
Thrust:the forward movement of a plane or bird
Gravity:the downward force on a plane or bird 
Aerofoil: the shape of the wings of planes and some birds 
Bernoulli effect: the more wind under the wing forces the wing up crating lift when the wing is in a aerofoil shape Image result for flight lift drag thrust weight

Activity 1: Your challenge is to hold a rectangular piece of paper close to your mouth, blow across the top of it and get the paper to move down. Sounds simple enough but give it a go and see if you change your mind.

What is happening?
the paper will rise and you will get light headed



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.