Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Metal work ID tags

In metal we are making keychains / ID tags. we have been following the design process for the past... long time. mine is for my Mum for a present. It is hopefully going to be a gitter resin teardrop, but I dont think thats going to happen. It may have to be 3D printed. ='( this is the plan


the white bits are supposed to be beads.

So far this has taken longer to get going than the first one but I guess we had to make it ourself from scratch. I'm not sure if I can get in in gitter resin. 

here is what I am going to print 
I hopefully will be able to add the resin in the center

this is my first print


this was to thin on the bottom so I printed again

this was to big and I am yet to give it another go. Again
yay at least it won't take long, just around.... 17-18 min

ok this is what happened
first time I tried it..... it disappeared or did not print I don't know. Then the second time it work! sorta


the blue firmament is like glue! I could not get the backing off! >=(
so I had to do it, YET again (*Angry noises*)
Fourth time the charm ha?




HA IT WORKED!!!! Now... I have to add the glitter reason. I just thought, what if muck this up... and where am I getting the glitter? Or beads? Poo! ugg it might just be a hollow key ring. Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.