Pages

Thursday 8 March 2018

white powder tests


white powder tests

equipment
baking powder
cornflower
suger
salt
iodine

methed

  1. place 1/4 of a teaspoon (1 ml ) of the four white powders on a sheet of black paper. label the powder 
  2. study the powder with a magnifying glass 
  3. add idaden to the powder then throw it out 

here are the results 
powder
Feel
smell
Look
iodine
A
gritty
secaning
White
yellow
B
smooth
Nothing
White
black
C
gritty
Walnuts
White
black
D
gritty
Walnuts
White
Yellow
we think
 A was baking powder
B was cornflower
C was suger
and D was salt 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.