Pages

Monday 21 August 2017

Coke and mentos

Exploding coke
Aim: to see if  coke explodes when as mentos lolly is dropped into it using different temperatures and different kinds of coke.

Hypotosus:
The coke will explode and it will go over 10 cm.

Equipment:

Ruler
Beaker
Thermometer
Coke Mentos
Measuring flask

Method:
Task 1:
  1. pour 100 mil coke in to flask 
  2. add mentos
Task 2:
  1. heat up 150ml in a beaker of coke(using a thermometer to heat it to 15 degrees).
  2. place the beaker in the sink and add mentos.

Findings:
6 Mentos lollies were dropped into a bottle of coke. the height of the fountain of coke was measured in centimetres.
A Mentos was crushed and dropped into the coke. This showed no result.

Liquid
Height
Coke
48c m
Crushed Mentos
No result
Coke Zero
44 cm
heated to 15 degrees
nothing but a few bubbles






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michaela this post is awesome. it shows everything you need to do the experiment. When my group did it nothing happened. The post was great and confusing with the writing. From Andre.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.