Pages

Friday 3 March 2023

Human Evolution

 In Biology, we are looking at Human Evolution. The task here is to read any article about human evolution and write a 5-6 sentence summary about it. This is the article I'm using humanorigins.si.edu

Human evolution is the lengthy process of change by which humans originated from our ape-like ancestors. Humans are primates and share a common ancestor with other great apes such as chimpanzees and gorillas. Through the evolutionary process, our ancestors gained, the ability to be able to walk bipedally (Walk on two legs), a larger and more complex brain, the ability to grip and manipulate objects and tools, and the capacity for language. Most scientists recognize 15-20 different species of early humans. However, they do not agree on which ones are related or which ones just died out. Early humans first migrated out of Africa into Asia probably between 2 million and 1.8 million years ago and continued to migrate around the world, moving to Europe between 1.5 million and 1 million years ago. 

That is my summary of the section of the article about Human Evolution. The rest of the article talks about Paleoanthropology and what it is, and then the process of evolution in general.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.